If you’re an athlete, you may invest in top-of-the-line gear, dietary supplements, and even training – all designed to improve your performance. You want to give yourself all of the advantages possible, so you’ll be at your best. If this describes you and you’re wearing a store-bought mouthguard, something doesn’t add up. Custom mouthguards are simply better than ones from a store.
You can get a custom-made mouthguard from either of our two locations. Simply call us today at [phone] to schedule an appointment for a fitting. In the meantime, see five reasons your sports mouthguard should come from a dentist instead of the store:
- Better Fit, Better Protection – Simply put, a custom fit is always going to be better than the fit you’ll get from an off-the-shelf option. We use dental impressions to ensure the guard stays securely in place, no matter how intense the action gets. You’ll be able to breathe more easily and function better too.
- No Need to Boil First – If you buy an athletic mouthguard from the store, chances are you will need to boil, then bite before wearing. This is the usual method for adjustment to get a better fit. Not surprisingly, it often doesn’t work that well. It can often be a frustrating process too.
- They Meet Standards – Our custom mouthguards satisfy the exacting standards of the American Dental Association and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Most store-bought guards do not.
- Last Longer – There is a wide variation of quality among guards sold in stores. With our sports mouthguards, you know you are getting top-of-the-line materials that should last for years with proper care.
- Backed by Our Expertise – If you aren’t entirely satisfied with our athletic mouthguard, we will make it right. You typically won’t get that kind of backing for a store product.
In addition to mouthguards for athletic activities, we can provide custom-made appliances that will help you stop grinding your teeth and clenching your jaw, two activities that can contribute to dental damage, jaw pain, and headaches.
Call Oasis Dental in Vancouver, WA at 360-695-3369 or in Ridgefield, WA at 360-727-0335 to make an appointment. You can schedule your visit online.